Welcome to our School Council
Pupil voice is incredibly important at King’s Hill Primary, and we believe that our children should always have the opportunity to say how we can improve their experience at school.
The children went through a selection process and had to apply for the position of School Council representative. They had to present their reasons in front of their class and a vote was taken.
We meet every half term and talk about any issues the children have discussed with their classmates. This is a very useful process, and the minutes are then taken to Mrs Matharu to have a look at. Mrs Matharu then acts upon the issues raised.
Some examples of how School Council have had an impact on how our school is developing are:
- Outside classroom and benches.
- Quiet area in the garden where they can eat lunch in nice weather.
- The opening of a new entrance for Year 3 children to ease congestion.
- Improved playground resources with sports coaches to lead games.
- Exercise equipment in the playground to promote health and wellbeing.
- Tree planting in our school field.
Our School Council Representatives for 2023/2024 are:
Year 6 - Leah & Archie
Year 5 - Ria & Anthony
Year 4 - Leyanah, Gabriela & Jayden
Year 3 - Ava-Leigh & Issac
Year 2 - Yashvi & Hasan