Aqua’s House Charity 2022 – 2023
This year the houses chose to raise money for various disability charities. Each house found a charity that has close links to some of the pupils in the school.
Aqua’s house charity this year is: Autism West Midlands
There are more than half a million autistic people living in the UK, an invisible and misunderstood disability. 60,000 live in the West Midlands. Autism West Midlands endeavours to:
- Support autistic people to live as independently as possible, in residential care, or in their own or the family home
- Provide a free autism information helpline offering a first point of contact for families and individuals in crisis
- Provide advice and support sessions families and carers of children on the autistic spectrum
- Enable adults to access support within their local community to build resilience, confidence, and skills to actively participate in society
- Offer training to parents, professionals and individuals and much more!
Aqua are looking forward to raising money for our chosen charity through a range of activities and house competitions.
Please see above the Aqua house charity poster created by our House Captain, Ashraf in Year 6.