Welcome to our School Council members page
Pupil voice is incredibly important at King’s Hill Primary, and we believe that our children should always have the opportunity to say how we can improve their experience at school.
The children will go through a selection process and will apply for the position of School Council representative. They will have to present their reasons in front of their class and a vote was taken.
We meet every half term and talk about any issues the children have discussed with their classmates. This is a very useful process, and the minutes are then taken to Mrs Matharu to have a look at. Mrs Matharu then acts upon the issues raised.
Some examples of how School Council have had an impact on how our school is developing are:
* Outside classroom and benches.
* Quiet area in the garden where they can eat lunch in nice weather.
* The opening of a new entrance for Phase 2 children to ease congestion.
* Improved playground resources with play leaders to lead games.
* The introduction of a healthy Tuck Shop twice a week.
* Exercise equipment in the playground to promote health and wellbeing.
The school council members make a huge contribution to our ‘Outstanding’ school. In September when the new members are elected, we are continuing the development of our Pupil Voice through increased roles and responsibilities for the children.